Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Stories from Grandma I - Birth

Jonathan Keith Rose born October 14th, 1958, 6 weeks early, 5.5 lbs and as healthy as he could be. His left foot had been folded up sort of against the front of his leg apparently throughout the pregnancy so his ankle just sort of tapered down. The doctor told me he would probably have to wear corrective shoes and maybe sleep in braces. But he told me to massage his ankles every time I changed his diaper (with cloth diapers that was a lot of times) I did and by the time he started walking the foot was ok and never had a problem with it. Most of the times that little foot was massaged it was prayed over so all the credit goes to GOD!

Lillie Mae (his Aunt Lillie) came to stay with us when Keith was born. Her husband Melvin was in the army at that time stationed in Germany. Jack worked five days a week and was not able to take Lillie Mae to Ft Worth to get her passport she needed to get to Germany. I had my Arkansas Driver's License, but not my Texas license so while I fed Keith at all hours of the day and night I studied my driver' book and passed the test when it was time. So, we learned the trip to Ft. Worth well by the time Lillie Mae went to Germany in May.

I called Keith my “little baby man.”

No comments: